“Just because you’re at work, doesn’t mean you’re actually getting work done.” Atlassian (the company behind Jira and Trello), has developed an infographic that answers the daily question “where does all the time go?”
Atlassian uses this infographic to promote one of their products, designed to tackle “the three biggest productivity-robbing culprits in the workplace: excessive email, pointless meetings, and constant interruptions.”
The scrollable infographic uses bright imagery and scary stats. Take a look.
Why we like it
- Has a simple interface.
- Is a web-based responsive design with scrolling navigation.
- Purely presentational but its imagery is bright and appealing.
- Has an uncluttered interface helps focus attention on the content.
- The timer feature is a clever addition.
How to improve this elearning
Infographics are an effective way to introduce a topic or a course. It could act like a teaser, which could be emailed round to all participants before a course starts. If your infographic is interesting, it could stimulate interest in the topic, and encourage learners to engage in deeper learning.
Atlassian’s infographic works well for its purpose – linking to further information about how to solve the problem i.e. their software. Allowing users to input their own information could add further engagement and customise the information they receive as feedback. This not only makes it personal, but also allows users to interact with the information and make it more meaningful.
Polling could also be useful here to compare thoughts with others.
Ready to design scrolling pages like this example? Try Elucidat’s Layout Designer and start creating high quality elearning content, fast.
Latest posts by Steve Penfold (see all)
- 7 Elearning Authoring Tools: Comparison and Review - November 28, 2017
- Elearning Inspiration: Atlassian’s Time Wasting At Work - May 13, 2017
- 7 Mobile Learning Design Strategies: Tips, Examples, And Demos - April 19, 2017