Scenario-based elearning can be an effective way to improve your learners engagement levels. Draw inspiration from these four scenario-based elearning examples.
Developed by Tom Kuhlmann, this elearning uses powerpoint for storyboarding scenario-based learning. We like how Tom presents an overview of the process, focused less on the content and more on the mechanics of working in PowerPoint. Additionally, you can download the powerpoint file to help design your own scenario elearning.
Read more on Elearning Superstars: Tom Kulmann’s scenario elearning with powerpoint
Cutting edge for its time, this piece of scenario-based elearning was created in 2003. Developed by Leo Learning, this elearning example still stands out from the crowd over 10 years later.
What we like:
- Full screen, high impact video-based scenarios
- High-quality production value using professional actors
- Real world feel with real life scenarios
- Simulation design
Read more on Elearning Superstars: Lost IOP’s scenario-based elearning
Elearner Engaged developed this scenario-based course with a unique comic book feel. The comic book layout gives the learning good visual appeal and a strong story-based structure.
Read more on Elearning Superstars: Broken Co-worker is not your typical elearning experience
This elearning game was developed by Leo Learning for the BBC. It won a gold and bronze at the 2011 Elearning Age awards.
What we like:
- Scenario-based: Situates the user in the role of decision-maker in front of which a series of characters come to bid for time, money and resources.
- Tailored feedback at each decision point
- Each stage is timed – a dynamic counter ups the ante and piles on the pressure to be decisive
Read more on Elearning Superstars: BBC’s finance for non-financial managers
Which one of these scenario-based elearning examples is your favorite? Check them out: https://t.co/OUp3inam4A
— Elucidat (@elucidat) October 27, 2015
Latest posts by Steve Penfold (see all)
- 7 Elearning Authoring Tools: Comparison and Review - November 28, 2017
- Elearning Inspiration: Atlassian’s Time Wasting At Work - May 13, 2017
- 7 Mobile Learning Design Strategies: Tips, Examples, And Demos - April 19, 2017